Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still Injured.

It has been a while since I blogged. I will blame it on summer, 4 kids, swim team, foot injury...anyway...how can I blog about running when I cannot run?
So, I went to see my podiatrist. Found out that my plantar fasciitis was a heel spur plus pf. Very sad. I have been trying rest my foot, which is hard to do when it is summer with 4 kids. I have started biking and swimming. I enjoy both, but neither activity gives me that great runner's high. Add to it the fact that we have had an unusually mild August, and I would love to be running out in that cool morning air.
I just really miss running. My daughter remarks that I am crabbier than usual. Hmm. She is 15. Not sure I truly trust her opinion at the moment.
Keeping my fingers crossed that my Podiatrist will tell me I can start running soon. Really miss my running buddies too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old blog post, but I hope you were able to overcome your injury and get back to running. My husband struggled with plantar fascitis problems for years. I don't know if you've read it, but he swears by the "Runner's Repair Manual" and the stretches in it have eliminated almost all of his problems. He also got fitted for some inserts that have relieved him of most of his foot pain. I've been lucky so far to not deal with foot problems (except the occasional black toenail!) Anyway, hope you come back to blogging about running. Just getting back to it myself. Take care!